Question:
Tips while being a waitress?
sherree24
2007-05-10 09:36:44 UTC
How much do you think you can make in tips while working at like Chili's in one evening?
Seven answers:
?
2007-05-10 09:41:19 UTC
depends on the people i oust to get from 5 cents to over 100 a shift in the burger stands we worked on roller skates and yes it was a fun job at that.
jannsody
2007-05-12 03:09:48 UTC
I'm not sure monetary-wise, but the customer service that a waitress/waiter (or 'server') provides can perhaps make or break the amount of money that can be made in tips. I had a waiter last week that didn't check back to see if we enjoyed the meal, if we needed anything else such as more sour cream or our water glasses filled up. It's great to have a server who is apologetic if the food is not up to par and to offer any way to remedy the situation. The person's attitude, hopefully pleasant and professional, can really make a difference in how much money one can make in tips. Good luck to you!
tigglys
2007-05-10 17:31:41 UTC
It varies a lot.

Depends on where you are - big cities sometimes tip better.

And, some people are better tippers than others - really depends on your local market.

Ask a waiter/waitress - sometimes they will tell you.

The good thing about food service is you always have SOME cash right away. But, it is a lot of work & not as easy as it sounds. You need to be cheerful and prompt no matter what.

Best of luck.
gidget
2007-05-10 19:57:02 UTC
Like everyone says, it depends on where your at. Is it a big or small town? Near a travel hub or military post? I worked at a Bennigans in Fayetteville, NC (Ft. Bragg) and made well over $120 a night as a server and easily $200 bucks per 6 hour shift as a bartender. Serving is great, but the real money is in bartending. Personally, I think it's a lot more fun, too!
2007-05-10 16:40:32 UTC
Depends on what section you have. When I worked in the bar area it was over $100 in a six hour shift.
energyandhappiness
2007-05-10 17:42:01 UTC
About $60 a shift could be more or less some days. But $60.00 is the average amount.
bithertybop
2007-05-10 16:44:09 UTC
In one evening not very much. It depends.