Question:
Catering help?
PipU2
2007-05-10 14:20:00 UTC
I will be catering for 15 people this weekend can anyone tell me how much food I need to cook for that many people ex. how much mashed potatoes, mac & cheese, how big should the ham be?....
Three answers:
Fancy You
2007-05-12 21:04:06 UTC
I'd figure about 4 to 8 oz. of ham per person, 1.5 potatoes per person and 1 cup of mac and cheese per person.

So that would give you approximately an 8 pound ham, 23 potatoes and 15 cups of macaroni. This should leave you some extra just in case people want seconds or you want left overs.
2007-05-11 03:43:14 UTC
When it comes to mashed potatoes, 1 small potato per person is the usual amount with some left over. Your basic spiral ham would be plenty. Mac/Chez would be about 2 boxes of pasta. I always put rolls with ham and you'll something with color, like a salad or green beans, or all your food is going to be the same color. Yuck.
nino
2007-05-10 21:27:35 UTC
the more Formal the even, the smaller size portions to use. if it's like a graduation or a birthday party, 2.5 servings per person.

Use more than one meat. have lots of carbs. they're cheap to buyt and will fill them up!