Question:
what is the yearly salary of a chef?
psionicslad
2007-05-10 17:57:34 UTC
what is the yearly salary of a chef?
Four answers:
Reggie
2007-05-14 06:28:41 UTC
It varies alot depending on your restaurant, In general the hotel is a good example of a perfect range of culinary salary.

apprentice gets stuck for 2 years with a lowly wage of about $12/hour AUD

AUD $

*apprentice 20K less

*Commis Chef 20 -25K

*junior sous chef 30K up ( usually where most ppl are, also the largest portion of food is cook by these ppl)

*sous chef (a.k.a second chef ) 60K -80K

*senior chef / Executive chef (the highest rank but they don't really cook much just over sees the operation and attend coporate meetings, financial issues, deal with restaurant executives , all the paper work, similar to what Jamie Oliver does now ) from 80K - 120 K +
2007-05-11 03:30:08 UTC
I'm not sure exactly how much, but my brother-in-law is a chef for a hotel and worked his way up from kitchen help. He does really well and seems to make above average income.
jannsody
2007-05-11 03:52:11 UTC
Here is a website from the US Occupational Outlook Handbook: www.bls.gov/oco and can type into search 'chef' or such. Bon Appetit! ;)
Judy
2007-05-11 01:11:33 UTC
No real answer to this - varies too widely. Anywhere from around $20K to well into six figures.