Question:
Should I keep working at Kroger?
1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC
Should I keep working at Kroger?
Fourteen answers:
2007-05-12 13:37:45 UTC
yeah, my friend worked at kroger and he thought it sucked and quit after about 6 months. do whatever you want to do though. But if there is a better job out there for you, go for it!
2007-05-11 13:58:51 UTC
If you get another job... work at kroger like one day a month until your insurance kicks in at the new job. (if you need the health insurance that is).

You get benefits at 1+ years. I knew a girl once that had a full time job elsewhere and worked 1 day every other week just to keep the health insurance.

If you do decide to leave, make sure they pay for for all of your vacations and personal days.

If you stay... you can get educational subsidy money. That's what I do. I am in college for management and they pay for my classes depending on grades. 100% for an A, 75% for a B, 50% for a C. 50% for passing grade. Up to $3000 per year for full time.

As for the long run... get out of store level. You will max out your pay. It's around $13/hr here max. Which is nothing. Talk to your zone manager and see if there are any jobs in other departments (technology, marketing, etc).
Maindrian Pace
2007-05-10 13:14:34 UTC
see if you can move up to a managers, supervisors position, your employer must think you are a good worker..take some nite courses in retail management..good luck..
fmxkrazyone
2007-05-10 13:10:54 UTC
I work in a grocery store as well, and I agree that it is tough to move up in that type of business. I got the chance to move up a little because someone retired, and that's basically what you have to wait for. You can always check around with other places now that you have some experience under your belt with customer service and stuff, someone may hire you for a better job with better pay because you sound like a committed and reliable person. That kind of worker is always an asset to a company. It never hurts to check around.
?
2016-10-04 17:20:55 UTC
Working At Kroger
Erma
2016-03-18 07:12:57 UTC
yes
Megan
2013-11-27 06:59:06 UTC
There are some jobs once you get at least some credit hours for college. I work for Kroger and most employees have no college degree and will be there forever or are in progress on one , and will be gone no more than 5 yrs. Kroger does not take store managers who have no degree. In my opinion though you will make some great connections, people are great, it should be a rest stop not the end stop. Most so you know will never reach full time status. There are places like Costco, Sams Club, and UPS that you can at least end up a supervisor. However for college and hs students Kroger does the best at meeting scheduling needs.
Rusty
2015-08-18 11:27:24 UTC
This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Should I keep working at Kroger?

I need opinions from those who work there, those who quit/got fired, and those who have never worked there. This is my first job, I have worked at kroger for over 2 years now. I have never called off, and I left early one time (with permission because I was sick), and I was late to work one time,...
Saudiexpert
2007-05-12 13:43:36 UTC
I was working with NESTLE, assistante brand manager NESCAFE, and honesly kroger is small player and there is no comparisons btween both brands.
GrowinBellyFLA
2007-05-10 13:10:09 UTC
You need to meet and speak with the district manager. Talk to him/her about your future desires and goals and and wishes you may have to move up within the company. They will be able to set you on the right track. Since Kroger is a union company they actually pay very well after long term. 10 years ago I worked night stock for them making $11.25hr. I know it pays more now.
aerofare
2007-05-10 13:10:54 UTC
I worked at McDonald's for five years. I started when I was 15, worked until I was 20. I became a manager at 16. You can go far there, it that's what you're wanting to do. The pay isn't too bad. I liked it. I'm not doing it anymore. I work at a hospital now. Try fast food, really. The job isn't bad, and there are a lot of advancement opportunities. Good luck!
a kinder, gentler me
2007-05-10 13:09:46 UTC
Krogers is not a career...you don't want to get stuck there!
2007-05-10 13:14:01 UTC
no u should go in construction working and that has good pay
Amy
2007-05-10 13:10:21 UTC
ITS YOUR CHOICE