Question:
Interview help please?
1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC
Interview help please?
Seventeen answers:
gfunk
2007-05-18 03:21:47 UTC
i dont think that it is nesseccery but if you do feel the need then do it with a very good answere
N K
2007-05-16 19:35:01 UTC
Option 1 : Say you took personal time off

Option 2: Include in the resume and Term it as a short Term Help , where they could use your expertise to quick fix a problem.

when they ask about it , you know before it was a 2 weeks temp work and you have successfully finished it.
Lizbiz
2007-05-16 16:12:04 UTC
I wouldn't include anything under one year, unless it's a seasonal job or you are a highly paid CEO, because it shows future employers that you aren't committed. Since I can't tell what your background or age is may I suggest only using a resume with a solid employment. If asked how you filled your time, you can mention volunteer work, extra educational classes, and your two months helping your parents with a project or travel. No one is interested in finding where you worked for two months and they don't have the time to look. You'll be OK if you tell the prospect how interested and excited you are to join his company.

Best wishes.
troy m
2007-05-15 13:54:32 UTC
just tell them you were looking for a career not a job
badass me
2007-05-15 09:41:16 UTC
hey man iv'e never been in such a predicament so its easy to say what i what have did done am going to do but what matters is you so just go with ya first instinct
2007-05-14 19:10:47 UTC
No, you don' t have to include it. You most likely won't have to explain anything. Most employers only glance at your resume & will be wondering about you as a potential employee, not ask why you didn't work for 2 months straight. I've had plenty of times where I didn't work for a month or more (school, vacation, etc), & I've never been asked why. Unless you were in school, I would only think an employer would only ask why you didn't work for maybe 2+ years. 2 weeks/months is trivial.
2007-05-12 09:24:55 UTC
You are asking four Questions in One, "SMART" of You.

Your each Q u e s t i o n is being replied in same sequence;

1. Avoid two week experience, in your resume.

2. Reason/s for a gap, which is acceptable to interviewer can be any or in combination for which you can convince conveniently.

3. Not all, who are not verifying the credentials, of perspective employees.

4. You have experienced and realised, that's why you should certainly avoid stating two week experience, in your resume.

Choice is yours.

Good Luck ! !
jackson
2007-05-10 08:14:40 UTC
Definitly leave out the 2 week job. It will make it seem that you may do it again. And it is only 2 weeks...... maybe you decided to just take a couple of weeks off while you decided what you are going to do next. Or you took a trip, whatever.

You leave it out and odds are nobody will notice anyway. And on your resume you usually don't use exact dates anyway.

August 2006 to Oct. 2006. Next job Oct. 2006 to whatever. Or List The next month.
spadezgurl22
2007-05-10 08:12:43 UTC
do not include the 2 week job on ur resume, it will look like ur quit jobs too quick and might not want to risk hiring you. tell them in the menatime of your gap you were "concentrating on school" (if ur attending college/highscool)

do not include the two weeks position its not good to include it, make something up& tell them u were doing tutoring at school for other student making extra money to keep you afloat but now you have time in schedule to commit to regualar hours, people will think thats responsible and want to hire you for your honesty.
stacey b
2007-05-10 20:33:46 UTC
In today's day and age employers are too busy and they usually don't check anything. The best way to answer why I left a job: needed more hours, moved, and they will always become sympathetic if you tell them you worked nights and need to work days. Don't say you moved more than once if they hire you they want you to stay, so don't include the 2 week job.

What seems to work for me is find out the best time and day to talk to the hiring manager and call them at that time and day every week I have gotten hired several times this way even at places I had no experience for. This way can take some time, but it makes you look responsible, consistent and to work.
happy
2007-05-10 08:10:36 UTC
It's best to be honest otherwise you might get found out. Whether it goes against you depends on why you left and what sort of job it was. There are some jobs where people aren't expected to stay long so it wouldn't go against you but the more jobs you have the more unreliable you look in other circumstances.
2007-05-10 08:11:37 UTC
1. Don't include the 2 week

2. Gap year or say you worked in temporary/agency posts (which can't be traced unless you give details)

3. Companies can't find out about previous work unless you note them for reference

4. My advice......tell a white lie.....we all do it at some point

Good luck x
CAT
2007-05-10 08:09:51 UTC
I wouldn't mention it. Say you went on an extended vacation with some friends. (camping in the MTNS, etc) More than likely, they won't find out UNLESS you told your OLD boss from the longer job and that person spills the beans when the new company calls for info. Good luck!!
♥Twinkle♥Toes
2007-05-10 08:09:28 UTC
No reason to include it, there is no way they can find out about a 2 week job.
JEDI MASTER YODA
2007-05-10 08:11:10 UTC
If asked state that you left the job to "Pursue other career advancement opportunities." Employers hire at will, and you should NOT be penalized for telling the truth or for leaving a position to pursue other career opportunities. Good Luck! :-)
cody p
2007-05-10 08:10:51 UTC
dont mention the 2 week job

tell them you started your own business but found you didnt like working from home. Tell them you like to be more active and leave your home. feed them what they want to hear
brens
2007-05-10 08:11:06 UTC
they will find out EVERYTHING... just tell them you moved and transportation was a problem.