Question:
How to get better chances at a job?
2007-05-10 19:47:50 UTC
I previously worked at Taco Bell and decided to quit cause 1. I planned on going back to school after taking some time off, but stupidly didn't even realize it was May and school was about out for summer and it was too late to see if I could retract my 2 weeks notice and 2. Because they treat their employees like sh** and humiliate them and I was being played when it came to my checks.

We have a lot of new jobs opening up in the City and in the mall so I gotta take this opportunity now sooner rather then later. I'm worried about the fact that this may come back and haunt me and ruin my chances, my last day was just a week and a half ago so obviously the manager at Taco Bell would think I just made up a lie as to why I quit. I really need a job cause I can't afford not to, I currently am living with my mother whom has some medical issues right now and can't work all to much so I moved back in with her till she gets back on her feet.

Please help me!
Thanks!
Three answers:
2007-05-10 19:58:55 UTC
I think that the best way to get a job in this situation is to just be yourself. Also, if you really don't like anyone looking back on your job at Taco Bell, you might want to find a store with an application that does not require you to show previus employment, and sometimes that can be hard, because most applications ask for just that because they want to know if you are a good worker. Those are your best chances wight there.
?
2016-09-05 20:51:03 UTC
It is dependent upon the activity you get.....say you desire to paintings for any one who makes a speciality of advertises for...psychologists. You could be bigger off having a measure with a principal in communications and a minor in psycholocgy. So you recognize communications plenty, with a bit of recognize of psychology. I believe that minors are type of foolish...except you already know precisely what you desire to be, and the way it is going to aid you get it. Don't overlook, you'll continuously return to institution and get an MA in some thing in the event you must!
energyandhappiness
2007-05-11 08:28:45 UTC
I think you will be fine, there are so many jobs out there that don't do employment checks. I would try restaurant serving jobs I have had 4 of them and none of them called my last employers.